Earlier today, VirtualBox was updated to version 4.1.2.
VirtualBox is virtualization software that allows you to create self-contained virtual machines (VM). It’s actually open source, and the only one current virtualization software that is full open source (and free!). There is a Mac OS X version and it supports older versions of Windows (Windows NT4, 2000) as well as the latest (Windows 7), in addition to DOS, Linux, Solaris, OS/2, and other guest operating systems.
With version 4.1.2, there isn’t much that is specific to Mac OS X hosts, but it’s still a recommended upgrade.
* VMM: fixed handling of the sysenter/sysexit machine instructions in 64-bit guests on Intel hosts
* GUI: added linked clone support
* GUI: fixed error check when changing the VM controller settings (4.1.0 regression; bug #9246)
* GUI: fixed the inclusion of additional information (license, vendor, …) on OVF export
* GUI: when taking a snapshot from the VM selector, don’t do a live snapshot
* GUI: fixed immediate crash during start on certain environments due to a library version conflict
* Guest control execution: implemented copying single files from guest to the host (directories and filters not supported yet)
* Guest control execution: limited to serve up to 5 guest processes at a time by default
* Main: return the correct RDP default port fixing settings warnings in the GUI if the remote display was enabled at runtime (bug #9368)
* VBoxSVC: made the path comparison OS independent when images are registered (bug #9303)
* VBoxSVC: several fixes/performance improvements for cloning of VMs
* Snapshots: fixed “Solid-State drive” flag survival on snapshot creation (bug #9379)
* VBoxManage: implemented copyfrom and stat guest control tools to copy files from guest to host and to check for existence of files on the guest
* VBoxManage: fixed extpack install –replace (bug #9308)
* VBoxManage: allow to start multiple VMs with startvm
* VBoxManage: experimental support for SATA CD/DVD hotplugging
* VRDP: fixed a case when the screen was not redrawn correctly (bug #9242)
* USB: fixed issues with remote filters being applied to local USB devices
* OVA: fixed import of renamed OVA files (bug #9033)
* Guest Additions: keep logged in user count in out-of-memory situations and warn about it
Download: Downloads (VirtualBox.org)