A new build of Parallels Desktop has been released. You can download it here (Parallels.com). This Build 1922. Note: This is an official release, however beta builds before now have been released that contain some of the fixes/changes mentioned below.
From Parallels Press Release:
Weâ€™re proud to announce that we launched testing for the Update Release Candidate 2 (RC2) of Parallels Desktop for Mac that gives Apple users the ability to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X.
The Update RC2 includes the great improvement on support for the recently released quad-processor Mac Pro towers and 64-bit iMacs.
Now you need:
– No RAM limitations
– No hardware reconfigurations while using Windows and itâ€™s critical applications on new 64-bit Mac Pro towers and iMacs.
– Other improvements & fixes that make Parallels Desktop even easier to use:
– New! Compatibility with developer build of Mac OS X 10.5, code-named â€œLeopardâ€
– New! Experimental support for Windows Vista
– Solaris guest OS no longer hangs after suspend/resume
– An improved Parallels Tools package
– Full support for OpenBSD 3.8 as a guest operating system
– G4U hard disk cloning tool now works in virtual machines
– Better video output improvement and acceleration
– Added multi interface USB devices support (including Windows Mobile 2005 devices)
– Added isochronous USB devices support (including WebCam devices)
– Keyboard support improvement: Eject CD key support, left/right Shift/Ctrl/Alt (Option)/Windows keys difference support
– Added virtual disk cache policy option: Mac OS X performance optimized or guest OS performance optimized
– Image Tool fixes
– Optimized disk cache policy for Suspend/Resume feature
– Windows ME Suspend/Resume fix
– Shared Folders first time access acceleration
– Clipboard synchronization tool fixes (unreadable symbols sometimes added during copy and paste)
– Sound playback and recording improvement
– â€œUnable to allocate virtual memoryâ€ during virtual machine power on fix