Official Site: CodeWeavers.com/products/cxmac>
Availability: Beta Version available
Cost: $39.95 Pre-Order ($59.95 afterwards)
Announced: June, 2005
CrossOver Mac allows you to install your favorite Windows applications and games on Mac OS X. CrossOver includes an easy to use, single click interface, which makes installing Windows software simple and fast. Once installed, your application integrates seamlessly in OS X. Just click and run your application directly from the OS X Finder. Clicking a Windows file or document â€” including email attachments â€” will launch the appropriate Windows program, allowing you to work on the files. Best of all, you do it all easily and affordably, without needing a Microsoft operating system license.
Adding your favorite Windows software is easy, using their normal installation CDs. Just place a Windows CD in your Mac, and CrossOver will recognize it and offer to begin the installation process. CrossOver then completes the installation and configures your application to run on your Mac. That’s all there is to it.
– Supported Applications for CrossOver Mac (codeweavers.com)
* January 9, 2007 – “The Real Dirt” From CodeWeavers: What CrossOver Mac can/can’t do.
* June, 2006 – CodeWeavers Press Release
* Wikipedia Entry
* Choosing CrossOver Mac vs Virtualization
* September 28, 2006 – CrossOver Mac 6.0 beta 2
* November 13, 2006 – CrossOver Mac 6.0 beta 3