This is a fairly significant upgrade for those Windows 7 users wishing to upgrade to Windows 7 Service Pack 1. It does support both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SP1. Support for Ubuntu Linux 10.10 and 11.04 was also added.
Updates and Support:
* Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1: Support for Windows 7 SP1 32-bit & 64-bit.
* Ubuntu: Support for Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 32-bit & 64-bit.
* Microsoft Office: Fixed a problem opening attachments in Outlook 2010.
* Video: Updated Windows WDDM driver with stability improvements.
* File access: Improved reliability accessing shared files on the Mac.
* Internet: Fixed slow first page loading in Internet Explorer 8.
* USB: Improved handling of smartphones including the Nokia N8.
It also resolved a lot of issues, too much to list here, you can read the issues at the VMWare Fusion Support website (this link goes straight to resolved issues). In addition, there are some known issues that you can read as well.
If you already have VMWare Fusion 3.x, this is a free update and can be updated through VMWare Fusion itself. If you need to re-download it, it can be downloaded through the VMWare Support website.