There is a major update to Parallels Desktop for Mac – Build 3106, Beta 3. Keep in mind the “Beta” is there for a reason – probably not wise to use this in a production environment. It can be downloaded from www.parallels.com/products/desktop/beta_testing/. This beta includes Coherence improvements, display fixes, and a new Parallels Transporter beta (which allows you to migrate existing Windows machines, VMWare, or VirtualPC images to Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Please heed the notice at the bottom of the release notes concerning upgrading.
This beta does not introduce any new functionality, but provides several very important fixes to the problems found in previous Betas:
* Coherence now handles â€œroundâ€ windows like Windows Media Player or Winamp correctly.
* Fullscreen and Coherence mode on secondary monitor fixed.
* Guest pixel size calculation was fixed â€“ applications like MS Access or MS PowerPoint should handle graphs correctly.
* Guest Linux screen resolutions in 24 bit mode fixed.
* Possiblity to switch off Command+ZXCV mapping or swap Control and Command keys introduced (the feature was requested by a number of beta-testers)
* Several USB 2.0 fixes â€“ more bulk devices to work since now. The work on web cameras and other isochronous devices is still in progress.
* And many othersâ€¦
* VERY IMPORTANT! Beta1 (build 3036) users must boot natively into Boot Camp and uninstall Parallels Tools for Boot Camp prior to running it in Beta3 (build 3106).
NEW! Transporter Beta3 bundled – migrate your real Windows PC, or existing VMware or Virtual PC VMs to Parallels virtual machines! Learn more about Transporter Beta3 >>
* IMPORTANT! Beta1 users MUST upgrade their Transporter package on their Windows source machine before using Transporter in Beta3. Failing to do so may result in a system crash and loss of data
# NEW! Added keyboard remapping configuration