Parallels Desktop Build 3120, Release Candidate 1 is now avaialble. It can be downloaded from Parallels.com. Besides several bug fixes and improvements concerning USB 2.0 devices, a big feature has been true ‘Drag and Drop’ functionality, with the Mac and Windows filesystems being able to see each other, to exchange documents.
PLEASE REMEMBER: this is a Release Candidate software. While this build gives you the rough understanding of the final set of features to be available in Final Release later on, it is still a â€œCandidateâ€ and thus is still not recommended for production use. Do backup your virtual machines before trying them with this build.
This build introduces a new feature and provides several very important fixes to the problems found in previous Betas:
* The widest list of fixes is USB ones! Web cameras should be working since this build. A number of other devices reported non-working by beta-testers in previous builds should work now as well. The known issues list is below:
* iSight doesnâ€™t work yet. You will notice it sending data, but no picture available
* Several other web cameras wonâ€™t work with similar symptoms;
* Logitech web cameras are reported not to work with drivers pack versions 10.4 and 10.5;
* Connecting USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 devices to VM simultaneously will most probably lead to both of them not working;
* Some Palm devices will still not to work.
* True â€œDrag and Dropâ€ functionality – a long awaited feature that lets you seamlessly drag and drop files and folders from Windows to Mac OS X and vice versa. Parallels Desktop now shares the entire Mac file structure between OS X and Windows – no more worrying about which copy of the file is the most recently updated!
* If, for some reason, you need to return to previous â€œDrag and Dropâ€ implementation, just enter VM Configuration Editor, select Shared Folders and uncheck the â€œEnable Global Sharing for drag-and-dropâ€ option.
* Stability fixes â€“ lots of segmentation fault (Parallels Desktop window closes unexpectedly) conditions are now fixed – thanks to everyone for reporting those!
* The nasty bug with Suspend/Resume and invalid windows areas handling while in Coherence is now gone.
* And many other less evident fixesâ€¦