>> All DOSBox related News and Articles
Official Site: DOSBox.sourceforge.netMore Information: DOSBox Wiki
Current Version: 0.70 (March 2007)
Support Forums: Vogons.Zetafleet.com
Mac.PunkNews.org/DOSBox – Version 0.65
G3 Macs – “Inofficial” Builds:
enosnusnu.de 0.70 Build for G3 Macs
– Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
– A 500Mhz G3 is equivalent to a 486-class system.
– A 1GHz G4 is equivalent to a Pentium-class system (this may vary depending on on how the game was coded).
– For Intel-based Macs – looking for a Universal Binary solution, see this Official forum thread.
Note: DOSBox is geared towards running old DOS-based games, and other similar applications, but it can do quite a bit more – including Windows 3.1.
– Petit dosbox Incorporated – Front-end launcher for DOSBox
– Cocoon Wrapper for DOSBox – Wrapper for DOSBox
DOSBox is a DOS-emulator that uses the SDL-library which makes DOSBox very easy to port to different platforms. DOSBox has already been ported to many different platforms, such as Windows, BeOS, Linux, MacOS X…
DOSBox also emulates CPU:286/386 realmode/protected mode, Directory FileSystem/XMS/EMS, Tandy/Hercules/CGA/EGA/VGA/VESA graphics, a SoundBlaster/Gravis Ultra Sound card for excellent sound compatibility with older games…
You can “re-live” the good old days with the help of DOSBox, it can run plenty of the old classics that don’t run on your new computer!
DOSBox is totally free of charge and OpenSource.
Third Party Sites/Reviews:
Mac OS X Hints – 9/10 – September, 2006